Saturday, December 29

Can't Decide.....baby pinwheel quilt..

Since my last post on this baby pinwheel quilt..
I ran out of the tiny blue dot background fabric.....but I really wanted to make it bigger so that the baby won't grow out of it too soon. Searched all my local craft / fabric shops to no avail, but came home with this cute Spot the dog fabric panel.
Love it...it has all the colours of the pinwheels in it, so it ties in beautifully...
 
 
So I've added the aqua /white spot border, and two rows of 2 inch squares all the way around the quilt....now I'm thinking of adding some of the Spot the dog fabric to the top and bottom of the quilt to make it longer. Now my dilemma is whether to add the new panel fabric...
....#1.... like this top and bottom...or...
 
#2...The print along the sides.....or....
 
#3...this section piece of the panel....or...
 
 
#4.....put #1 at the top and this at the bottom.....
....confused...me too. The more I play around with this the more I can't make up my mind..
 
I think I'll make another table runner while I ponder on this.....hmmmm..♥.

18 kind people said..:

Janet O. said...

Wow. I don't know what to tell you, but I want to see what you decide. And I want to see the next table runner.
I'm off to quilt on Gidget. : )

Sue said...

So much choice Julia, I think you need to do the one that feels right to you. The quilt will be great.

Elyte said...

From here, #1 and #2 look good to me. Thanks for sharing the table runner link. I have some greens that might look good in that pattern.

Sue-Anne said...

I like either #1 or #2 options. Good luck with making the final decision and I am looking forward to seeing what you decide.

Shirley said...

I like option one but they all look good Julia and will be a winner whichever you choose. What a lucky baby.

Heather said...

Well, you didn't actually ask but I like option 1 the best. Any would look great though, the panel is a great find and solution.

Paula Hensley Murphy said...

love, love, love this quilt. It's so fun and bright.....

Sandy D said...

Love the baby quilt. I have narrowed it down to #2 or #3.I am leaning towards #3 as my final choice but am happy with the other.

Frog Quilter said...

Justice one version. The baby who'll love it regardless. Too cute!

Fiesta said...

They ate all adorable.

Sara said...

I vote for option 1...it enhances the pinwheels instead of overwhelming or detracting.

Terri D. said...

My eyes went right to option #1. They are all cute, but I like the first one best. You do such good work. Whichever one you decide to do will be perfect.

Grit said...

So beautiful and so nice colors.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Jacqueline said...

LOL you aren't getting much of a concensus here.. I would go with # 2. Any of the options are really cute tho.

Lab said...

I just came across an link to one of your old 2007 blog postings on your Japanese quilt circle blocks. Could you direct me to some of your other finished Japanese circle blocks. They are stunning and would like to see your full project. Many thanks and happy quilting.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It's going to be so cute Julia! I would choose #2.

Linda H. said...

How about one row of the narrower panel print added to the top and bottom, and then add one more row of squares to the top and bottom?

Leeanne said...

looks lovely!!! I won't give you my 2 cents worth, I will wait to see what you decide! Happy times!