Saturday, December 22

Baby Quilt...take 2

What was I thinking...
...now this is the sort of baby quilt, I wanted to do in the first place...
The inspiration was right here in my stash all the time....1930's repro baby fabrics!
I pieced all these just today, .....if the world was going to end today, I was going out sewing...says me tongue in cheek..smiling!
How pretty is this fabric...little ducklings, puppy dogs, what little one wouldn't love these..
Now I just need to add borders, I might wait till January to see if the baby will be a boy or girl and add blue or pink borders.....or I might just do a scrappy border, so I can have another play with Sweet Susie before then.....she's been looking a bit lonely, not getting any attention..
 
Take care....
 

9 kind people said..:

Shirley said...

It is looking very sweet Julia, who could not love those pinwheels and the delightful fabrics.

Terry said...

I love the pinwheels! It's going to be a lovely baby quilt! :0)

Elyte said...

Colourful and cute, it will make a very lovely little baby quilt.

Janet O. said...

What a beautiful little quilt. I love pinwheels and I think 30s fabric is so cheering! Though I don't sew with it often, I recall years ago when I was dealing with a depression, the first day that I felt hope was when I forced myself to sew (when you are depressed you don't even want to do what you love). By chance I pulled out some 30s fabrics and made a lap quilt. I was smiling by the time I was finished.

beebee said...

such a cute baby quilt. I love to make pin wheels....
very very nice
hugs
beebee

Anne said...

Love it - so bright and colourful, it will make a lovely little baby quilt to cuddle into.

Crafts4others said...

I love 1930's fabrics! The quilt came out so cute.

Dawn said...

Fun colors!!
Seasons Greetings and Happy Holidays! Have a wonderful week - hope you start 2013 in a special way!!

Terri D. said...

Just beautiful!