Friday, November 30

ZZ Quilted...

Sweet Susie has helped me work some magic on my Zig-Zag quilt....
I flipped through so many books, looking for the right design to quilt the ZZ topper, in the end I decided to just go for it...
I ended up quilting an all over Peacock Feather design....well that's what I'm calling it anyway...
It started with a teardrop...no can't have that, not tears....
....then I echoed the teardrop twice more, looping right up and out with the third loop,  it just seemed  so easy to do, so I carried on travelling along across  each ZZ.
Not sure if it shows up too well, but I love it and am happy to have it quilted.
I've bound it with a lovely green strip repro fabric ....all I need to do now is stitch back the binding and it will be ready for expected company next week...
 
Have a great weekend...stay cool or warm wherever you are....♥


14 kind people said..:

Janet O. said...

Oh, doesn't it feel good to complete a quilt, from start to finish, all by yourself? Great quilting design. Good job, Julia!

Shirley said...

All that matters is that you are happy with it Julia and it does mean another finish. You are a human dynamo. Great quilt.

Chris said...

Beautiful!!

Caron Mosey said...

Oh, it turned out lovely!

Karen said...

Can I come for dinner? I can't imagine you would let anyone eat with this on the table. I would drip or spill something for sure. Such a nice finish. My kind of colors.

Esther Aliu said...

love the scrapy look.Great colours.

Esther Aliu said...

love the scrapy look.Great colours.

Janet said...

It looks great, congratulations on the finish. Call the design shells, it sounds better than tear drops.

Maple Lane said...

Hi Julia, I have enjoyed looking through your blog this morning. Such pretty quilts you have shared with us. I hope you have a nice weekend. Mildred

Paula Hensley Murphy said...

Oh my gosh Julia you certainly made quick work out of quilting this one. I love the design and the quilting.

Linda said...

I'm happy for you to have another finish you can completely call your own! Looks like you're getting the new quilting machine figured out just fine. Good for you.

Nanette Merrill said...

What a great name, love it. The quilt is perfect. Scrap quilts have my heart.

The Quilted Finish ph 02 63310084 said...

It's so cool that you can quilt your own quilts, I love my HQ Avante. The quilting motif you chose to do is great, I've used it myself.

everythingquilts said...

This a beautiful quilt!!