Friday, November 23

Sharing Inspirations....photo heavy

Yesterday, my local patchwork group had the pleasure of spending a lovely friendship day with the Jarrahdale Quilters...
Our girls car pooled, three cars with our girls drove through some beautiful tree lined streets to visit our host quilting group....set in the beautiful historic little town of Jarrahdale...
The Jarrahdale quilters meet every fortnight in what was once the nurses quarters for the little hospital of that area way back in the early 1900's perhaps even before that....

On behalf of our ladies...A big thank you to the Jarrahdale quilters for a lovely day, making us so welcome, the yummy morning tea and lunch... and sharing your inspiring quilts with us...
                                                                 Enjoy....♥

This quilt above is our Laura's quilt...
...this quilt was finished just in time for Christmas.....there was a little story to this quilt...I'll just smile and not try to relay the story incase I get it wrong.
I must apologize to our host group for not getting the names of the ladies who made the beautiful quilts.....
I love this one...I hope I'm right in saying I think it's called, "Country Rose Garden"...
In some of the rooms were bunk beds, where I think maybe for retreats, and on the beds were some more quilts....this is one that hung over the end of a bed...
Gorgeous pillow, one of a pair....that match the quilt below...
Japanese fabrics....made up into this exquisite quilt....
This quilt was done as a group project....making and sharing blocks, this was on one of the beds....love it!
.....and how gorgeous is this pillow, for a special Daughter....
Sorry this doesn't show up as well as I'd hoped...A Jane Austen quilt, beautifully made....but oh my....it was just beautiful to see in person. Very vintage looking...love it!
Another gorgeous quilt by our host group...
...again, I hope I'm right in say it was a "Fairies in my Garden "design
This one..last but not least ... is our Anne's slash quilt....so vibrant!
 
I hope you enjoyed the show and tell....perhaps got inspired to check out some of the designs...♥