Saturday, October 20

Updating...The General and Zig-Zagging

It's been a busy week with family and stuff, but I did manage to get some more zig-zagging done....
I think I'm nearly half way with the table topper...scrap stash busting as much as I can, but I've barely made a dent in the pile.....they must be breeding in the tub!
I wasn't too sure if I liked this when I started, but I must say it does look nice on the table...yep, it's growing on me...That's my hand- pieced 1930's Apple core at the other end of the table...I love that quilt...♥
Waiting patiently near the Sweet Susie is The General.....looking very handsome and distinguished....
I've sandwiched and took the time to hand baste the three layers, I just hate the pins getting in the way of  the quilting and the risk of damaging my SS....
Now I just need to pick a quilting design. Quilting Inside the Lines by Pam Clarke is another great book on machine quilting...I guess the designs could also be used for hand quilting....beautiful motifs for blocks and co-ordinating designs for sashings and borders...

It promises to be a warm sunny weekend here...
Have a great weekend...happy stitching...

14 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, Thinking of you and the family. Hope and pray you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your zig zagging is perfect for the table Julia - that is if you can take the apple cores off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your Zig Zag quilt! I have Pam's quilting between the lines too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That zig-zag is looking good--I'm glad it is growing on you. Wow, I am impressed that you have done an apple core.
    I told you that I had taken a class from Sally Terry last May--I also took one from Pam Clarke. She has some wonderful ideas, I just am not smooth enough yet to make the designs well. So I am still using stencils, but one of these days I will be brave and put Pam's designs on an actual quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Zig - Zagging looks fantastic.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are being very busy there Julia. Still in love with the General.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Zig Zag, can't wait to see how you quilt it. You have been so busy. Did you cut the triangles with your Cutter or did you make 1/2 square triangles? The General looks wonderful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The zig zag quilt top looks great, perhaps it can be one of those never ending projects that just grows with the scrap pile...then you could quilt bomb a building!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt tops are looking lovely, and I hope you're enjoying your SS. It's a lot to take on... the love of making quilt tops AND the love of quilting them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your zig zag Julia. You've been busy. Glad to see all your lovely projects and hear your news.
    Hugs - Shari

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there, Julia. That zigzag design is really cool. I bet it took a lot of time quilting that. Well done girl.
    adelaide seo services

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the zig zag, do you have a pattern??

    ReplyDelete
  13. good luck can't wait to see the quilting

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥