Monday, October 15

Sweet Susie and I are Friends...

Well, I think Sweet Susie and I are at last bonding...
A bit hard to see here, but we have been playing and with the help of a stencil and the Tru Stitch Regulator, feathers are being stitched....yes I ended up purchasing the stitch regulator...and I must say for me, it was worth every cent...I love it!
As much as I practiced... my hands just would not move as even and consistent as I would have liked. If it wasn't going to be perfect, I would not have been happy..and I might not have used SS to it's full advantage.
With each feather stitched, the confidence grew...I started very slowly at first and now I can move around the quilt with ease...with the stitch per inch set and the cruise control on, it was so much fun...yes, it even has a cruise control, just like my Zoom Zoom car...
Off to play some more....♥

8 comments:

  1. glad you have found a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, once you have bonded, you'll be rushing to get your quilting done. Healthy apprehension is a good thing, it takes time to get to know the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great mate to have! your feathers look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome, I knew you could do it....
    the feathers look great. Now, there's no stopping you. I can see many many quilts getting finished on Sweet Susie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you like the stitch regulator and that it is making things better for you. I think I had been working with my HQ16 just long enough that when they came out with the stitch regulator it felt too different to me. I was better off without it--I had already formed my habits. : )
    Oh, I like your feathers. I have been debating whether or not to get that stencil--it goes so well with the round hooked feather wreath. Now I can see it stands on its own quite well, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Julia. You and your new friend are proving to be a good match and I knew you would master it. Looks pretty good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Sweet Susie will make a formidable team. I really like this pattern, soft and blue, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy that you and Sweet Susie are bonding and forming a great friendship. Your quilting looks just wonderful, Julia, and it sounds like the stitch regulator was a wise purchase. I may add it to mine some day, but for now, I'm just working on making my stitches as even as I can. (seldom reaching that goal)

    Wishes from me to you for years and years of happy quilting with your new best friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥