Tuesday, October 30

Playing with Sweet Susie....

I'm still trying to work out this new laptop...I thought it would be easier than it has been...
....but this a whole new ball game. Everything I want to do on here, seems to be such a chore and a long way around everything....then again it could be just me... the penny will drop eventually!

All I've done this past week sewing wise is a bit of free motion quilting on the General with SS..
I used the same stencils as I did on the Blue Topper....I know, I'm taking the easy way to do what I know so far....but until I'm more comfident I'm happy just being able to do this.
I've quilted six of the Granny Sq's so far....another 14 to go...
 
I've no idea what to do on the sashings...
 
Yay it's Tuesday...off to my local patchwork group today..
Have a lovely day,,,
 
Thoughts and prayers go out to our friends in the states as Sandy closes in on the North East coast,
Stay safe....   
 

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos look fine to me. What kind of laptop did you buy? I'm planning a new one in my life soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt! :)

    Yes, we are all concerned about those on the East Coast. We are watching the news as it is being made. It looks pretty rough over there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and you are having fun. That's all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking great! Have a browse through some magazines & quilting books for ideas for your sashings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are making good use of that stencil. Your quilting looks really good, Julia. I struggle with what to do in the sashings all the time. I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It took me a while to get use to my laptop but I love it now and I don't use my big computer any more. I love your blocks and your quilting is very nice to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only ever use a laptop now. You will get the hang of it Julia just as you have got the hang of your quilting machine. At least you will soon have a finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥