Saturday, October 6

Dresden Update...

Two Dresdens have centres...
Took a bit of fiddling about, trying out different size nine patches, to get them just the right size for the block... but I think I have it worked out now. That's what happens when you resize a block, sometimes it tends to throw the balance out a bit and getting it just right can take a few tries and lots of fiddling about...
This block looks bigger, but it's not...just the way the photo is taken...
Block by block it's coming together beautifully.
I'm so excited now...I can see this quilt in my mind...planning and thinking how I'm going to set the blocks.
I'm thinking...perhaps Quilt as You Go ...I LOVE to QAYG......I'll see!

Have a great weekend...♥
I

15 comments:

  1. I assumed that you would have appliqued round centers but this is so much better! What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those nine patch centers are just perfect in the Dresdens Julia! What beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so sweet with the little nine patches in the middle! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking lovely Julia!
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so beautiful.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic work, they look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look fantastic. Such an original twist on an old favourite. I'm looking forward to seeing your continued progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The centres are unusual and unexpected. It will be a beautiful quilt Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will be a beautiful quilt Julia.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥