Tuesday, October 9

Auditioning Fabrics...and a new book..

A quick update before I head off to my local patchwork group..
On my design floor / rug....I really need to find room of a design wall..
I've laid out the blocks so far, they are appliqued to the muslin now, but only 2 have their centres.
I'm auditioning fabrics to see what I can put together for the next few blocks....
I need to have something to take to patchwork today...or I'll just spend all the time chatting and no sewing.
I'm so keen to keep going with these blocks, I hope you don't get bored with them in the meantime. I might just start some machine piecing to do as well...or I could play with Sweet Susie...

Yesterday this new book arrived. I first heard about Sally Terry on Janet's blog..  Rogue Quilter... 
What caught my eye was the NO backtracking...oh my no backtracking, I'd love that!
That was one of the things I had trouble with while playing with feathers on SS...inside it says Free Motion Friendly...that would be heavenly...now who doesn't want that!
Lots of lovely inspirations and ideas on how to adapt feathers to suite whatever block area or size you want...

Off to patchwork this morning....then perhaps time to play later today.
Enjoy your day.....♥

8 comments:

  1. Believe me there is no bordom admiring those lovely blocks! you are getting them done so quickly!
    I love that book for machine quilting, even though I don`t machine quilt, you are right the idea of not having to backtrack your stitches plus the different hooks you can use if you are not perfect with those feathers. you will have lots of fun with that book

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my those dresdens!!Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no...keep using the design floor. It makes me feel better about mine. And BTW...love the dresdens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who could get tired of those beautiful Dresdens? I am so smitten by them.
    I hope you love the book. I took a class from Sally after I bought the book. She has so many fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love the blocks. I haven't seen that book either. Have fun dear friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy watching your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blocks and look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Dear Dresdens! Is there a pattern out there like yours?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥