Friday, September 28

More Vintage Dresdens...

Just a few more Vintage Dresdens...
...having fun choosing the fabrics, and what I think goes well together...
....it's amazing how much time it takes to paper piece just one of these lovelies....I spend the best part of an afternoon just playing with one...but it's so much fun seeing them take shape and smiling back at me when one is done.....now to get to and do the centres.
 I don't want to leave the whole lot till last, I'd much rather do them as I go.
Then I can honestly say they are completed Dresdens...

Crazy weather here, so cold yesterday, down to 15 Celsius...then going up to 34 Celsius over the weekend.....
Have a great weekend.....♥

11 comments:

  1. Lovely!!Glad you are having fun!
    It is chilly here in NZ too! I know some who are still lighting their fires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, these are wonderful!! They truly do look like a find in an antique mall. You have done a great job of maintaining the integrity of the vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are great.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vintage dresden plate is wonderful. I can't find the pattern or templates for it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Dresdens, i love the shape and the fabrics go so well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so beautiful.

    Best wishes Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such an interesting pattern. I look forward to seeing the completed centers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the perfect project for you. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty is that! Never seen the Dresden plate in a square format before, only in the round, but I do like this look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really stunning block - I love seeing and reading about what you've created.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥