Friday, August 10

What I've been doing....exciting news!

...is crocheting this gorgeous scarf...
...as you can see by the yarn that's left on the hook, I'm nearly finished, yay!
This is the third scarf I've crochet in this ripple design. Love the colours of this one, and with the cold weather we're having, I shall be wearing this a lot for what's left of our winter...roll on spring!
                                                                         ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Ok, guess what I did yesterday...just could not help myself...yep I put a deposit on the Sweet Sixteen Handi Quilter. I saw it at the show last year, had a play with it then and loved, wanted it....but the time was not right.
So this last show I went to last weekend, I played with it again...loved it all over again...spent hours trying to justify whether I really need it...it's got a 16 inch throat, how great would that be to quilt on!
It was going out at a very good show special with extras thrown in...I would have to make up my mind within a week or two..
So, my friend Jenni and I popped down to the shop yesterday, had another play with it...
 Jenni is not a quilter, but she sat there patiently while I played, rolled her eyes a few times..."Go on she said, you really want it... just get it!"...so I did!....
I'll pick it up in a couple of weeks, have a detailed lesson.
An early Christmas present from me to me...well it will have to be the next few years Christmas present....Thank you Santa......♥

20 comments:

  1. Love the scarf colors and pattern.
    Congratulations on your new machine. I am sure that you will love it and get a lot of enjoyment out of quilting your own quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Julia! I'm sure you will have loads of fun with your new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Santa wonderful? :)

    What a fantastic gift to yourself. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scarf.
    I will be interested to see how you go with the new machine, I have had a play on it too....interesting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheeky little devil,lol! We were talking about them at sewing yesterday - I knew you were interested. I'm so happy for you Julia - hope it brings you lots of fun - you deserve it!
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Julia. I too played with it at the last quilt show here and I loved it. I just have absolutely no room for it then my home would really be "the quilt houes" lol, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And a Very Merry Christmas to you! You've been a very good girl, and I think you deserve it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgot to say - that scarf is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited for you. Great gift for yourself. I think you should name it "MoJo"......when people ask you out to dinner you can just say "sorry, I have a meeting with MoJo"......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like all your christnmasses have come at once Julia but if anyone can handle it then I know you can. You deserve the treat. The scarf is beautiful, love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new toy will certainly put a different slant on your quilting LOL!!! I have no doubt you will have the best fun! I think if you've wanted it for a long time, then why not! The crochet scarf looks great, love the colours too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your scarf is really pretty! Congrats on your new quilting companion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lurline is right, you deserve it so just enjoy...
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, what a beautiful scarf. I 've yet to try a pattern in a scarf I've only done a blanket in the ripple but maybe soon for next winter. I'm really into crochet. Love your new machine too. Does that machine go on to your frame also or just by itself on the table? Iv'e seen them in mags but not in the flesh so to speak. Hope you enjoy it heaps and it will pay for itself in no time and you will wonder how you ever lived without it too. sue~nz

    ReplyDelete
  15. since buying my new quilting machine I have save so much by quilting my own its almost paid for itself. Good on you, when you get really good at it you could quilt other people quilts and make a little pocket money too!love the scarf

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely coloured scarf and I hope you still get a lot of use for it this year, not that I am wishing you cold weather.
    Congratulations on making such a big decision. I think that you will make good use of the new machine. A girl deserves a treat every now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your scarf is lovely and congrats on the new Handi Quilter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fortunate lady you are! I tried a Sweet Sixteen once, loved it, and gulped at the price. I don't see one in my future. But it would be my "dream machine." How wonderful to be able to quilt with such a large machine opening and table space. Count your lucky stars!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful scarf! Congrats on your order of the HandiQuilter - woohoo! I have toyed with getting a midsize longarm someday...maybe when I retire. I really have no time to use it nor a place to put it right now. I will be interested to see how you like it once you learn all the tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. From one Sweet Sixteen owner to another, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!! I know you'll put her through her paces, and you'll enjoy the projects that come out from that lovely, roomy throat. I had a wonderful teacher, her guidance gave me confidence, and she made me feel comfortable and capable.

    I know that over time this purchase will save me money! I'm sure you're going to enjoy your new toy as much as I do mine. Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥