Sunday, August 26

She's Here...how sweet she is!...

I picked her up yesterday...DS#2 helped me set it up..
She fits nicely under the window...I only have a small spare bedroom as my sewing room so I had to juggle and move things around to make room for her...I used to have a big solid door across two little chests of drawers with my Pfaff Grand Quilter to sew on under the window....to the right....

...is my cutting table. It's just an old kitchen top that DH attached legs to, it the perfect size for that corner....to the right again, across the room from the Sweet Sixteen is...
...my little sewing nook.
OK, now don't laugh, but here used to be a big chest of drawers, that got moved to the other spare bedroom. The two little chests of drawers got moved here...I dragged the old solid door out to the shed and found this piece of wood for a sewing bench top, that just fits in that little nook perfectly...only I had to saw off the corners near the door, so I could close the door...now my Pfaff sits happily here, and I'm all set up.....phew!!
I'm so happy I bought her...she came with lots of little extras,  I was given a great tutorial on how to set her up and tips that will make quilting on her a pleasure...I know I'm going to need lots of practice, but it will be fun...
Today I may get to have a play with my Sweet Sixteen. I'll be good this time and watch the DVD first before I have a play...you know, I'm actually a little scared to use her for the first time....I hope we soon become good friends!

Have a happy stitching Sunday....♥

21 comments:

  1. I wish you a long happy friendship together! Your sewing space looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have your sewing room set up. Have fun with your new girl. I will be interested in your honest reviews. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a beauty Julia. You found the perfect spont for her....enjoy many many years of beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh...the wait is over! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful and exciting for you! If your sit-down machine is anything like my Handi Quilter Avante 18 inch longarm/midarm you will be delighted. You will get many hours of reliable and enjoyable service from her as I have from my machine. I bet you can't wait to get a quilt under that enormous throat!! I remember when you bought a hobby mid/arm frame and I wondered how long it would be before you decided to move to a larger throated machine,lol. Enjoy, enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see MoJo has a new home!!!Love the way you did your room. I can invision loads of quilts coming out of your room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for you. She's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful machine you have there. I hope you have many hours of pleasure quilting with it. I'd love to hear how the lerning curve goes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun playing with your new baby! I'd be very interested to hear how it all goes and how you like quilting with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see the wonderful things you will do with this machine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so envious Julia, have fun...!
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see that she arrived safely. Now just to get to know all about her. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. When we arrange the space in our home to do something we love, we become inventive, creative, and make choices. It looks like your room is ready for hours and days and weeks and years of wonderful quilt creations.
    We're sisters in our fear, Julia. The first day I was alone with Miss Sadie (I finally gave mine a name), I also was afraid--stomach rolling, quivery fingers afraid. But deep breaths help, and then practice, practice, practice.
    Enjoy your lovely new assistant, Julia. I know you're going to be a wonderful team.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am green with envy Julia :) I hope and I know you will have lots of fun with your new Sweet Sixteen :) hugs Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  16. How exciting for you to have this wonderful machine! Looks like you have a great set-up and I'm thrilled for you to have something so wonderful to play with. I'll be watching closely to see what you think of it. Please provide details as you quilt with it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you are a very lucky girl. The Sweet Sixteen is fantastic. I was lucky to have a go at it in Houston. It is so much fun to quilt with it. Wish you a lot of fun with it. Your first work looks very good already.
    Jossie

    ReplyDelete
  18. So excited to see your SS machine and your stitching. I just ordered one... with the Tru-Stitch. Should be here in two weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥