Thursday, August 2

Date with the general...take two..

 As my first date with the General did not go too well or impress me at all.....I decided to delegate the General to the new Granny Brigade that sweeping the blogs right now...giving us lots of lovely eye candy to feast on...
...ah yes, I think this was meant to be...sigh...I like this so much better...
...not too fussy for the big prints, and lots of color combinations that I can play with...


...I decided to go with  Jolene's tut...and make my blocks a bit smaller...now this I'm loving!
So quick to piece and so much fun...

Have you joined the Granny Brigade?
be warned it's addictive........♥

15 comments:

  1. Tolle Granny's.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, your work is great as allways.

    Hugs, Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these a lot, Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you went on a second date. That is going to be an impressive quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your looks. I am doing the "great granny" with marmalade :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes, these look great, you can see the pattern now. You do such a wonderful job.....who would have know that the General had MoJo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks look wonderful! I need to get my granny squares sewn together one of these days. They're waiting patiently for me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree Julia, the fabrics look much better in this block. It will be a very lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just looking at your beautiful blocks makes me want to jump on this bandwagon too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhh yay!! I'm liking this...a lot!! I predict a date with the General in my future!! Thanks for the heads up!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect alternative!!! I love how these are turning out, just gorgeous!!!!! I haven't yet tried these blocks, but may well do sometime in the future!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Choice Enjoy Playing...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love - so much better! What is the script fabric please?
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look great. I really want to do a granny quilt. I have the fabric chosen, now just need to find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I've joined the Granny Brigade, though my blocks are actually called Great Grannies! Guess there are LOTS of ways to make "old" blocks. How many times have your heard of infant blocks or toddler blocks!? (Okay, yes there are baby blocks.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥