Saturday, July 28

Hmmm...not sure about these...

Having a rethink about the General in these blocks...
...perhaps the General's a bit too busy...too big a print...not sure...
Perhaps when the blocks are sashed, they might each stand out on their own..
I feel the star points are lost in / around the square in a square blocks..
I'll make a couple more...there's so many combinations I can make from all the fat quarters...it's fun playing!

Gosh, Saturday here already....have a great weekend....♥

7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful fabric line, and I know there are some solids included in it, perhaps the dudicious inclusion of a solid here and there may help to 'unlose' some of the points you say are being lost in your blocks. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a little rethink and a play, you will make it beautiful!
    Hugs - Lurline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely but I see what you mean about losing the star points. It has a nice blended effect right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure that you already have started to have another play with the French General. He is leading you astray. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm inclined to agree with you about those blocks. Especially in a photo, they appear a little mushy. Just a little more definition in a print or two would make all the difference. You're on the right track, though. I know you're enjoying it. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful fabrics, but perhaps if the star points were red they would stand out more? I like them as is though, so nice to see a block repeated in diff fabric combinations, you get that "wow is that the same block?" effect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep playing. I am sure that you will work it all out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥