Friday, July 6

Redwork....revisited..

For my dear friends who emailed and asked if I was OK...just been very busy with family, that I haven't been doing much, so I haven't got much to blog about...
In the meantime I thought I would revisit and share some of my redwork with you...I love redwork , amazing how just one colour of thread can look so beautiful...the same goes for two coloured quilts....red and white quilts, blue and white quilts.... this is a very special favourite of mine...a dear friend gave me the design, she said it was from her dear grandmother's collection...The skirt and sleeves have tiny delica beads embellishing the criss-cross design....I feel very privileged and grateful to be given this special design...
 This redwork basket is one I designed... for one of my embroidery friends.






Just for fun...I'd like to share with you this fun little wallhanging quilt I made back in 2002, I wonder how many of you can relate to this picture, "lots of quilts but nothing to wear", due to the fact that you ( I do anyway) spend all your spare money on stash!
This is not my design, the pattern was given to me by a friend, but I just can't find it anywhere in my sewing room, must keep looking!






I can not locate anywhere on my computer the full finished piece of this redwork, but I think you can get an idea of what it is from this photo...
...this is the bottom half of the redwork.....I love it...it's framed and hanging just inside my front door...
This is another of my designs...I just love crinoline ladies...can you tell!

                                     Friday already..... I hope I get some time to sew this weekend....
                                                      Have a great weekend...♥

6 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, I love the red work, especially the crinoline ladies. Remembering you in my prayers. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some beautiful embroidery work there Julia, thankyou for sharing these precious pieces!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your redwork is gorgeous and the first crinoline lady is my favourite. It's such a treat to see your embroidery. I'm thinking of you and your family and hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely!! I predict a Redwork quilt in your near future....:o)
    P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Das sind ja wunderschöne Redworkarbeiten.
    Ganz bezaubernd.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always admired Redwork though I've stitched only a few pieces. Yours are really lovely. The designs always make me think they belong in a Victorian home, something that has never suited the kinds of homes I've lived in. Thanks for sharing your pretties.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥