Wednesday, July 25

Date with a French General...new project.

So busy with family stuff, phone doesn't stop ringing...I'm so keen to get started on a new project....so I'm making a date with the General..
This afternoon and hopefully tomorrow I'll keep my date with the General and make a start on a gorgeous new quilt design I saw on you-tube...I can't seem to add link to it...
I bought this gorgeous fat quarter pack of fabrics a while back...such great quality, can't wait to play with them.....together with...
....This gorgeous layer cake of French Generals that a very dear friend Dana (waving to you)....gifted me with., 
Dana brought it back from the states, she went on a quilting trip/ tour to the states, even had free motion quilting lessons on a cruise ship in Alaska...how great would that be..it's on my bucket list!....
This quilt that I've fallen in love with is called Tavern Blues Civil War Quilt... by Bonnie Blue Quilts
I can just see it in the General's reds and green fabrics...

Have a great day...make it a good one...♥

10 comments:

  1. Hello Julia, How wonderful of your friend to gift you these fabrics. The Civil War Quilt pattern is lovely! Wish you could visit the Civil War houses near us that have a quilt show every spring!
    Sending my love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt pattern you've chosen is just gorgeous and will look great in the fabrics you have!!! I will follow with great interest to see your progress with it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for the record the F.General is my main squeeze!! I love him, plain and simple...BUT for you I will share! This quilt is going to be stunning!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  4. handsome date!!! Love the fabric, looking forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your progress with the handsome General. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the French General fabrics. I can't wait to see your progress. That Tavern Blues quilt is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice of fabric and pattern. Another beautiful quilt on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt will be stunning in the French Generals, I can't wait to see the start. A quilting cruise sounds wonderful doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you are right Julia. The General is perfect, and will take command of this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have some French General hanging out waiting for the right project. Can't wait to see your beautiful creation Julia!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥