Sunday, June 3

Stitching Baskets....great sewing therapy....

I've been so busy the last two weeks , it's lovely to have the time to sit and sew at last....
I was starting to get anxious and wondered when I would get the time for some sewing therapy ...I really wanted to get back to making some more baskets...
The GO cutter is just great for quick cutting of the baskets...I'm using up a couple of  Moda charm packs for these...
...so, no two baskets will be the same...and of course with my favourite repro fabrics...
Eight machine pieced baskets so far....hand appliqueing the handles in the evening is a great way to relax and wind down after a busy day...

We have a holiday long weekend here...beautiful sunny days after a cool lovely sleeping weather night..
Enjoy your day whatever you have planned...♥

10 comments:

  1. As long as I get a little bit of sewing done everyday i feel that I can handle anything that the day brings. Unfortunately those minutes can't always be found.
    Lovely little basket blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those baskets are SO cute !
    Actually, I'm busy handpiecing them, too and I'm really having a good time ;>)
    I love your setting. Keep going and enjoy, dear Julia!
    XOXOXOXO
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baskets looks great Julia. I love patterns that you can use charm packs for, takes away the agony of deciding on fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started a basket quilt also. Seeing your baskets really amped my motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely baskets Julia. Enjoy the moments when you can sew and unwind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love most basket quilts and these ones look great. I'm glad you finally got to get the needle and thread in action.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The baskets are so charming. Glad you are able to fit a little sewing in - your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely design. Yes, needlework is so relaxing, isn't it. Time to reflect and create at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your baskets, they are definitely on me wish list, but think I might start with a table runner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥