Sunday, June 10

Still Playing...have so much fun!

It's lovely weather for ducks outside...so this little ducky is playing inside today...
We are expecting a storm later today, so I'm on here early to get this posted...
I had a lovely day yesterday, spending some time playing on my EQ 7.... I don't use my EQ7 very much, but it's nice to have there to fall back on when I feel like playing and changing the size of blocks, etc.....
Thought I would play around and design a bigger basket block, pop in a few flowers and use the block as a centre medallion piece...
This setting is what I'm thinking of doing, but of course I might change my mind...perhaps a little narrow sashing to frame the centre basket block...first I need to make some more little baskets..

Hope it's sunny and bright where you are...enjoy your day...♥

13 comments:

  1. Hey looking great! Glad you are having a nice play day.
    It is drizzly on & off here in Northland, but there is no such thing as bad weather.....just weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julia, You know how I love flower baskets. This is so fun! We are hoping for rain as it is VERY hot and dry. Love to you both,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the baskets! The center big basket makes the setting especially nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I HAVE to make a basket quilt!! This one is going to be stunning!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoy watching you play with your blocks and your settings. Basket quilts are such classics, and this one, of course, will have Julia's touch and be extra special.
    Warm and humid here, as we settle into the early days of summer. Rain tomorrow, and we could use it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative Julia! I love how you play with your designs until you love them.
    Yes, warm and sunny here. In fact 88 degrees. All the children and grandchildren were here today but it was nice with the breeze off the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Julia - looking forward to progress!
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that focus block - and perfect colour choice too.

    Not much storm up here, but rain and a little wind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks great, I like your idea of a thin border around your center square. this is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Das sieht wundervoll aus.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it. Makes me me want to do a basket quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a lovely idea for a quilt. It will look gorgeous. I think that a little sashing around the central block would make it the big boss of the basket family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your little basket blocks, and EQ is the perfect tool to play around with layouts etc, I'm sure you will end up with something fabulous!!! BTW your hexagon topper turned out so well, love the binding too, so appropriate to match all those gorgeous hexies!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥