Monday, June 25

Sewing machine topper....More baskets...

I decided to make the basket quilt into a topper for my much loved old Singer treadle...
There's so much I want to do...with family life at home as it is these days I don't have a lot of time to myself...so...
....What do you think?...I think it looks lovely, a perfect size as it is now..
I won't worry about adding a border...I'll just cross-hatch quilt it and add a scrappy binding.
My sewing companion Sally doll is smiling so she's happy with it....
The two little mannequins on the right was a class I taught some time back... that was a fun time, you would have a good laugh if you saw how some of the mannequins turned out...smile!

So cold today...I think it's cold enough to snow, now that would be a first for Perth..
Have a great day...♥

16 comments:

  1. Wunderschön ist der geworden.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely topper! And a lot of other nice works from your hand, too! I have been looking back in your blog, and there is a lot of inspiration here!
    Have a nice day! Every day is a nice day: Rain meens a day sewing and quilting in the sewing room, sunny day meens a day in the garden, with garden work or sewing bindings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great and as you said, a pefect size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your basket topper looks very lovely,have a nice week,susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just the perfect home for your lovely basket table topper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The treadle machine and the basket topper - a very, very nice combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful little quilt. Love the idea to display it on your treadle machine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your basket topper is so pretty! It's going to look great on your sewing machine! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your top looks great where it is Julia. I think the baskets are the border. Call it done and move on. I am just eager to see what you do with the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your basket topper turned out beautifully, it looks great on the old treadle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty. Lovely Vignette too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the quilt! It's wonderful! :)
    http://quiltworld2.blogspot.fi/
    Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She looks PERFECT!! I have GOT to make a basket quilt! Thanks for the inspiration!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love it and it looks like it has found a perfect home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is BEAUTIFUL and it is PERFECT on your sewing machine. Really nice :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥