Saturday, June 23

I'm in Love....

....with, these gorgeous pattern from Laundry Basket Quilts...
I first saw the patterns on Linda's blog and just knew I had to have them...
Aren't they just so beautiful, some machine piecing and some applique on each pattern....perfect combination.
Of course I would have to use my repros...I'll pick out the lovely bright repros, ones that will make these quilts special to me...
Edyta, the designer used batiks together with her repros...stunning effect. I've never really been a fan of batiks and don't have any in my stash, but I could always purchase some....couldn't I....smile!

Both gorgeous quilts, I will have trouble deciding which one to start on first...
The patterns are full size, which is great, not having to enlarge them makes it so much easier..
I also bought these Applique Silhouettes to use with the patterns....these stencils will come in handy for so many other projects too..
Now to find some time to make a start on one...which one will it be!

Have a great weekend...really cold here 2 degress this morning, but the sun should warm things up a bit later....♥

10 comments:

  1. Both of these quilt patterns are gorgeous...I was admiring Edyta's booth on Cotton 'n Wool's blog. She does such incredible work!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful choices Julia. And by all means try something that you have not tried before - go with some batiks. You have proof that it works. Are the appliqué silhouettes by Laundry Basket Quilts too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been covering the reaching out one. Just need to make the plunge. What are silhouettes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Peony - love the other one too. You will have great fun. I will use some of the designs in current project, I think.
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are lovely quilts. And both look like lovely winter projects. I've not heard of appliqué stencils, but they look brilliant. Hope you are keeping warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the Reaching Out pattern and have started collecting the fabrics. Such a pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous patterns but out of my league Julia! Have fun with both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new patterns, I saw a youtube video on her at the Quilt Show - very talented lady. Can't wait to see which one you start first.

    Its freezing here too and not even a hint of the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shall wait to see your version Julia as I know it will be equally as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, I am swooning over these patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥