Tuesday, June 19

Catching Up...

It's been so hard to find some time out in my sewing room these days...
...but, I did manage to get in there today. It was forecast to be a rainy stormy day, so I stayed in and had a lovely quiet time by myself, in my own little world happily playing with baskets and crosses..

The baskets so far, I've pieced this lot together...loving it so far. I'm thinking they will be on point, so that the centre medallion piece will be the right way up, instead of it being on it's side.
Still lots more baskets to make, appliqueing the handles on will be a great telly time job to do in the evenings....♥
Not too many Hot Crosses made, but looking good so far. This is such an easy block to do, but isn't the effect gorgeous...just need to snatch some more time in my sewing room...

Hope you managed to snatch some time sewing today too....

10 comments:

  1. Das sieht beides super aus.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do do some beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours Julia. Those pieces look just stunning - definitely wow worthy. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the baskets. I'm slowly working on a basket quilt with a different style basket but am already planning to do another with different baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your baskets are precious Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both projects are coming along beautifully. What a pleasant way to spend a day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both quilts look wonderful. Love the baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're using such beautiful fabrics in these projects, just gorgeous!!! Love the little baskets project, I like your idea to put them on point, will make more of a feature of the large centre block!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in love with every basket project I see, and of course yours is unique and different, with the center medallion basket and the planned on-point layout.
    I think I'm destined to do a quilt with Hot Crosses blocks. I've seen 3 quilts and patterns with that block in the last few days. The block is beckoning to me. I agree. This simple block is dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you found some time to do your stuff Julia. Love the hot crosses and the baskets are looking pretty good too. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥