Monday, May 14

This and That...some eye candy

I seem to be in a topper mood lately...
This is my food fabric scrap hexagon topper so far and still growing...I'm hand-piecing these hexies...lovely to take out or do in the evening in front of the telly..
We had a new quilter join our local patchwork group recently...just have a look at her amazing work.
Bep, pieced this quilt  by hand and by machine...and then sandwiched in a duvet / doona to make this gorgeous soft comfy quilt..Bep hand big stitch quilted and also tied some of the quilt..amazing work!

Bep did tell us where the design came from, but I was so busy taking photos I didn't hear what was said..I believe it was from an antique quilt dating back to the 1800's...I'll find out tomorrow and edit this post...♥

Bep is also working on this gorgeous table topper...beautiful Broderie Perse set on linen, what an inspiration Bep is...
..and I did some fabric therapy shopping...I'm always on the look out for background fabrics. I just love black with coloured dots, love how they work with just about anything...and...
This fabric is the one Bep used in her stunning quilt above, fussy cut set in the corners of the medallion and around the borders...isn't it gorgeous, I found it for $4 a metre in our local textile shop...doesn't it have a lovely old world charm to it...not sure how I'll use it just yet!

Well a new week, and new inspirations...have fun ...I can't wait to get started....

9 comments:

  1. The hexie topper is a wonderful way to use up those food prints - good on you for handing piecing them together!!! Your new member did a great job with her quilt too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new topper, Julia. So glad you have a new friend in the weekly ladies' group. Her work is lovely.
    Larry's son announced to our family today that they are expecting their first child - Larry's first grandchild!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The medallion quilt done by your new group member is a beauty. She does good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cute different ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The table topper is growing nicely there Julia and Bep is showing some beautiful work and an inspirattion to us all. Thank you for showing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hexagon topper is really lovely, great to have something to pick up/put down as the mood takes you. I can feel a spot of fabric retail therapy coming on too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are enjoying yourself playing with all these shapes.
    Your new group member is very talented and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure your mind was swirling with exciting ideas, both from Bep's inspiration and from the elegant fabric with the Dr. Zhivago/ Russian (?) motif. We know you'll have a unique way to use it. It's really pretty! Such a unique design with all those luscious colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥