Wednesday, May 30

This and That...sewing, family

I'm still here, just busy with family matters , that have had to take priority...nothing new to share with you...
...but I did mange to get this hexagon topper finished...that big stitch quilting really does look lovely and make this quilt that little bit different..another thing I love is scrappy binding....I'm hooked on it....♥

A dear friend gave me some books that she no longer wanted...this soft toy making book was one...
How cute is that Yo-yo pirate on the cover....
...and this Yo-yo caterpillar below...great way to use up scraps..
...and these below, with those big eyes..what is it with soft toys with those big eyes, that are so endearing and says "make me"...
it's a fairly old book, but soft toys are timeless and what  big little ones wouldn't love some of these...

Until next time...happy sewing....♥

6 comments:

  1. Lovely finish Julia - anything exciting to start next?
    Hugs - Lurline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt and the book looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great finish, I love scrappy bindings too. I hope one day you'll make the pirate, he's my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia,
    Love the combo of big and small hexies you've used (and of course the vegetable fabrics :-).
    What a neat book you've gotten from your friend! I especially love the owls of the last page you've shown!
    Kind greetings,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hexagon table top quilt looks great Julia. Beautifully finished. Love the pink caterpillar. That would be fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hexagonal Topper is great and the border wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥