Friday, May 18

Hexagon Flimsy...

This little topper was fun and quite quick to do...thanks to the GO cutter..
 All ready to be sandwiched and quilted...
...a few hexies and tri's sewn together in the evening. I didn't quite have enough of the black tri fabric,but I managed to find one very similar to add for the border...I appliqued some smaller hexies around the border to finish it off...I think a scrappy binding and it'll be ready to use when the warmer B-B-Q season starts again...to be honest, I could go a B-B-Q any season...don't you just love the smell of a Barbie cooking...♥

Here's the first little basket of many...again the GO cutter made this a breeze to cut.
A 5" charm is the perfect size for the little baskets...which is just great as I never know what to do with the charm packs...and each basket will be different.

Well that's another week gone....the weekend is upon us again..have fun and enjoy whatever you have planned for the weekend...♥

9 comments:

  1. Love another Table Topper Julia ..looking forward to watching your Baskets Grow they are Really Cute...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the colours in your table topper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely table topper - love the little appliqué ones in the border, great idea.
    The basket is looking good too.
    I noticed that you have a paragraph on your sidebar about Pinterest - out of curiosity - of all your many images that are on Pinterst, how many have had your permission. Not one person has asked me (and there are lots of my images too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The table topper looks great - roll on BBQ time! Must get cracking with mine or the summer will have disappeared. Have a lovely weekend. XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the topper, so cute. Can't wait to see what you do with the little Baskets. The Go cutter is absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, Julia! I always love basket blocks.

    If you like using charm packs, try the Schnibbles patterns - they're designed just for charms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your really are a GO GO girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've designed another original project, Julia. It's lovely. Those appliqued hexies around the border are a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What pretty hexies, Julia. You're making great use of your GO cutter. I too have made a postage stamp basket quilt with blocks like yours. My favorite part of making (and swapping) the blocks was hand-appliqueing down the handles! Have fun with this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥