Tuesday, May 22

Big Stitch Quilting....loving it!

This is so much fun...I'm loving it!
I big stitched all the main centre area, that was so quick to do....and now I'm big stitch quilting around the small hexagons in the border..
I thought it would be fun, to big stitch around the hexies in different colours of perle thread..
Not sure if you can see it, but I have used so far, a mauve, a blue and a teal green....♥

We have a big craft show here this week, starts tomorrow....I would love to go, but I'm not sure I'll get there this year, so my bike might have to stay in storage for another year..

Have a great week..

8 comments:

  1. I'm LOVING it too!! Very nice way to pop those hexies!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really great too, I love it for the look and the speed of doing it. It's a lot of fun changing colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Julia! Big stitching is fun.

    I can only go to QuiltWest on Sunday this year. Sure is a change to previous years. And they are closing at 4.30 now. I'm looking forward to it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Big Stitch is looking great. Any tips please, not tried it before and would love to have a go, seeing how nice yours is looking. Thanks. XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me ha encantado tu blog, y tus trabajos maravillosos, sobre todo esas telas con alimentos y cosas de cocina. yo encargué telas para hacer un mantel para mi mesa de la cocina. Pero no sé hacer tanta maravilla, apenas estoy empezando y estoy haciendo crazy quilting, que va más con mi locura, jajaja.
    Saludos cordiales desde Chile.
    Maru

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your unique stitching is reminding me that I bought a book a few months ago about varieties of stitching, big stitching, utility stitching, simple designs, bold threads -- I think I need to go find that book.
    Your stitching looks wonderful with your hexagons, Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. can't wait to see the pictures of the Craft Show

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you love it when you try something new and it works. Glad to see you having fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥