Monday, April 2

Quilting...Calming Ocean Waves..

This is the part I like the least in quilting...
I thought I would do flowing rows of quilting...now that's going to be a lot of rows...part of me thinks I should try big stitch quilting or spread the rows further apart...will think about this a bit more..
...I'm thinking, by the time I finish all this quilting, I may need to change the name to " Crashing Waves"...or..."'Turbelent Waters"...

A new week...new inspirations...have a good one...♥

11 kind people said..:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Hee hee...crashing waves....

Maple Lane said...

So pretty, but so much tedious work. I like your new pattern name choices!!!!!

Leeanne said...

I reckon fabulous waves!

The Quilted Finish ph 02 63310084 said...

Are you quilting this free motion on a domestic machine?
Such a lovely selection of fabrics.

Vivian said...

The curving quilting lines look perfect with your blocks, but you're right. That's a lot of stitching. Would you maybe take out every other row that you have? Or maybe two rows of stitching close together -- then leave a space that wide -- then two more rows of stitching, and repeat?
This really is such a lovely, logical quilting design, but oh, so tedious to stitch.

Shirley said...

The quilting looks mighty fine to me Julia. At least it will be finished. Withe the quilting it could be called Bridges Over Troubled Waters. Sounds more apt.

Janet said...

I love the look of the quilting even if it is giving you grief. Ha, ha, I love Shirley's name for it.

Mary said...

Big stitch would look wonderful but do you really want to take out all the stitches that you did? If you're quilting on the machine, I'd keep going like this. It goes with the pattern. Or maybe the two rows close together - that always appeals to me. But it's your quilt so what do you want to look at when it's finished?

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh I like the waves. I think it looks great.

Merilyn said...

I think the quilting looks great, but I agree it will be a long haul, if you can stand it keep going, maybe you could ease the pain by doing the rows a little wider apart!

Elyte said...

I love this idea Julia. I am so keen to have a play. I have reduced the size of some drunken path templates. Not sure how small to go. Your work looks lovely.