I tried spacing the rows out further apart, tried two rows big space then another two rows....nup, just did not look right or work for me...didn't flow enough like waves, so back to the first idea.
I'm happy to say at least they didn't crash and I didn't end up with crashing waves...in between the waves I decided to just do a simple stipple to define the waves more...
The Japanese fabrics have a lot of gold in their print, I did have a bit of trouble with the machine foot sticking a bit on the gold paint...after a bit of pulling, trying to get the fabric through and a few words, I then remembered that I had a Teflon foot with my trusty Husky machine...tried it and it worked a treat!
Ok, it's half quilted, so the last bit shouldn't take too much longer to do..
Hope you had a wonderful Easter....chocolates and happy times with family...♥