Tuesday, March 20

Something to Share...

I've just been down for a quick visit to my local patchwork group....so glad I did...
We have a new member who is such an inspiration, as it happened (smile) I had my camera with me..and could not wait to show you this amazing log cabin that Anne made. Now I'm not sure how she did it, but Anne had a different way of putting this together that I had not heard of before....so all being well we're hoping to have a little lesson next week...
...and how's this for an amazing back. Anne did a great job of piecing the back, look how perfect it all sits...makes a great reversible quilt....love it Anne!
Marie, another member showed us this gorgeous carry / hold all / tote for taking to retreats...Marie said it will fit her quilt that she will work on and a lots of other stuff...I hope I got that right Marie!
A belated birthday gift from a dear friend...she knows who she is...isn't it lovely, this will be fun to do and very different...thank you, I love it!
....another gift.. is someone trying to tell me something....I think I should take the message on board and carry on!
I was told the saying goes back to WW11 in England..does anyone know if that's so!

Now if I could just get my act together and get some sewing done.....♥

7 kind people said..:

Leeanne said...

I love the back for the log cabin!

Lizzie said...

Lovely quilts Julia and yes, it does go back to the second world war...
this from Wikipedia..
"Keep Calm and Carry On was a propaganda poster produced by the British government in 1939 during the beginning of the Second World War, intended to raise the morale of the British public in the event of invasion. Seeing only limited distribution, it was little known. The poster was rediscovered in 2000 and has been re-issued by a number of private sector companies, and used as the decorative theme for a range of other products. There were only two known surviving examples of the poster outside government archives until a collection of about 20 originals was brought in to the Antiques Roadshow in 2012 by the daughter of an ex-Royal Observer Corps member."
I remember my Granddad telling me about the sayings of the war back when I still lived in the UK..
Lizzie
xxx

Maple Lane said...

So happy you joined your Patchwork friends. I enjoyed seeing the magnificent work by the ladies. The back of the log cabin quilt is very nice.

Chris said...

Looks like you had a great meeting. It is always inspiring to see finishes like these.
I love the treats, especially the mug :)

Elyte said...

The colours in Anne's quilt are striking. Lovely surprise receiving some belated birthday gifts. Keeps the celebration going.

em's scrapbag said...

Fun gifts! I really like the quilt that spirals out. Thanks for sharing.

Merilyn said...

Love log-cabin quilts and I agree the back looks great too, a lot of thought and planning went into that!!! Nice belated birthday gifts too, love that cup!!!