Friday, March 2

Remember This....

.....and the long wait I had for those elusive blue fabrics, that seemed to take forever to arrive......At last, I was able to give her that lovely blue and white quilt I made her last year.... the big O birthday for my friend Jenni was yesterday...
Not a very clear photo, but you can see the lovely smile on Jenni's face...she loved the quilt, just the right size lap quilt for her.
We had a lovely day out together...went out to lunch, reminisced about our 50+ year friendship, the happy times, sad times, joked on  how for just two weeks of the year Jenni and I are the same age...now today she's a year older than me...
We laughed and chatted so much, before we knew it, it was time to go home...
Happy Birthday Jenni......♥

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabrics were worth the wait! Jenni looks like she is thrilled with the lovely quilt. What a blessing to have shared such a long friendship. Thanks for sharing the photo, Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely seeing you two together with that beautiful quilt! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A treasured gift I am sure! Her face tells you how happy she is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous Julia! Lucky, lucky Jenni!
    Thanks for the sweet comments on my pink and brown blocks plus our little Miss Audrey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your beautiful friendship!
    Lovely and meaningful quilt ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A long-lasting friendship is one of the most treasured gifts we can have, but it looks like lucky Jenni is treasuring that beautiful blue quilt as well.
    Such a lovely photo of the two of you together. Thank you for sharing the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember your posts about waiting for the 'blues" to arrive. A beautiful gift symbolising your long shared friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful, you know I love blues. I'm sure she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a wonderful quilt for a wonderful friend. So glad you had such a lovely day together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those blues were definitely worth the wait, and I remember how anxious the wait too LOL!!! I have no doubt Jenni will treasure this quilt made with love for her birthday, at last she has it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful gift! Blue and white is such a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely quilt, what a lovely friend you are.

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥