Sunday, March 11

Auditioning a Border...

I really want to end this trip around Japan so I can get on with something else....
( quilt folded in half)
...seeing I wasn't able to locate any indigo fabric locally, I added this dark blue( looks brighter here) homespun narrow border instead...it ties in well with other blue fabrics in the quilt, so I'm happy with that.
Now, I'm thinking I might add one or two rows of the 2 1/2 inch scraps left over to make a scrappy border.
I'm liking just the one row, then a lighter scrappy binding and at the same time use up some of the scraps...I really don't need anymore scraps!

Hope your having some stitching time today....♥

12 kind people said..:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I finally get a chance to check out what you are working on Julia! Great trip! I like the idea of a scrappy border too. You can send me some of that heat to melt the icy walkway we found on our return home. Lots of snow too but it is suppose to warm this week.

Maple Lane said...

The blue border and scrappy border is just perfect, Julia.

Thought I would share that John's best friend from childhood and his wife will be leaving Wed. for a cruise around Australia. Wish I could sneak into their luggage and come say "hi!"

Quilt Kitty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quilt Kitty said...

That looks great Julia. The scrappy border & binding will tie it all in beautifully. Great quilt. Tracee xx (sorry had to delete my last comment, watching TV & typing & I put 'crappy border', it's definately not that!)

Lois Evensen said...

It's coming along beautifully. I like the blue border.

Merilyn said...

I think the blue border frames it well, and I love the idea of using a scrappy outer border with the larger pieces, very nice Julia!!!

Elyte said...

Your quilts always seem come together so quickly. Your borders will look great.

Janet said...

I love your ideas for the borders, it'll be just perfect.

Rose Marie said...

I love this quilt .... the progress has been delightful to watch!

Marie said...

The borders work wonderfully well! It's a lovely quilt! Thanks for your comment on my greatgrandmother's quilt.

Nanette Merrill said...

I like it. The color works for a stop border. And I like the outer being scrappy too. Trips around the world is one of my very favorites.

Miri said...

Love the narrow inner border and the scraps outside for the perfect finish! Looking good!