Monday, February 20

Table Shopping..

Well, I didn't have too far to go table shopping...
Our neighbour across the road sells these Teak top and aluminium legs outdoor tables and chairs...he kindly brought a table over and put it together for us to see how it would look with our old chairs...doesn't it look lovely and cozy with the round table...
He also lent us one of his old chairs to try out...his chair has been out in the weather and has faded a bit, the new ones will be the same coloured teak as the table...I would be able to fit 8 of these chairs around the table.
Hmm...so hard to decide, I like the soft and coziness of our old chairs, but sitting in them at this table, they are a bit low....don't know about the teak chairs, my first thought was that they look too much like dining room chairs...cushions perhaps!
I know ultimately it's my choice...., maybe it's time for a complete new look change...
but what do you think?....

Edit...oopps, there's my little fish over on the air-con in the background..can't forget about her, she will add the finishing touch..

12 comments:

  1. The Table is a beauty and the fish will be just right in the center. I like the teak chairs and that you can fit so many around the table. Nice of the neighbor to deliver and set up for you to try! Wishing you two a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table is beautiful. You can keep your old chairs for when you and the DH are having a cuppa and want to relax. But you will probably need them all when the family comes around - numbers seem to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new table but it would need the matching chairs. Cushions would be great. Nice colourful ones.......
    Do you have room on the patio for an outdoor lounge as well for when you want ot be really comfy. I love my......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great table. I love it along with the new chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The teak table is gorgeous! Just try sitting in the teak chairs for a bit, while wearing shorts. How does it feel on the back of your thighs? Wishing you had something soft beneath you? That's how I would decide whether to go with them or not. And they do look nice alternated with your cushioned ones... could you go half and half?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your chairs with the new table top, pity they're a bit low. Any chance your nice neighbour could take a little off the height of your table??
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that new table. I also like the teak chairs but I'd want cushions for them (IF that wouldn't then make them too high for the table, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the table, maybe cushions with the new chairs would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why not mix the chairs like in the first picture? Four of each.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia...how talented is your neighbour...to be honest I like both...the timbre chairs with cushions would be fantastic...and your old chairs look very comfortable.....have fun deciding..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the round table, and the timber/aluminium frame combo looks great! I can see that your old chairs are a bit low, so perhaps cushions on the timber chairs could be the go! I like the look of them too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just read about your breakage. Our glass top broke about three years ago but through a soccer ball and it was only two years old. My husband replaced the top with a sheet of wood and painted it a deepish grey. We are still using it and love it. It actually looks better than the glass did and is easier to clean. Our chairs are still in excellent condition but most of all are sooo comfy and match our table.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥