Sunday, February 26

New Project...and lovely surprise!

A special quilt for a special person...
I can't mention any names, as I'm making this special Trip Around Japan quilt for a special person. All in Japanese fabrics, with the indigo blue fabrics being the diamond shape focus, and if I can, work out how to incorporate a fussy cut bigger centre block in there to be a feature...,hmmm, I will have to have a play with it later on.
I don't usually like doing the same pattern twice, but this is such a fun quilt to make, with a little twist if I can  work it out....♥

A lovely surprise visit today from my son Joe-da-chef and DIL...life gets so busy these days any time with family is precious...
How gorgeous are these beautiful rose buds...such a sweet delicate soft pink..
Thank you Joe, Angie....♥

9 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful collection of crockery you have there Julia. I bet a lot of that came from my home town of Stoke on Trent. Lovely flowers from your son and a lovely gift you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, Such a lovely quilt for some lucky person. So happy that Joe and Angie were able to visit. The roses are so pretty and I love your display of china.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is very pretty. Sometimes making the same item twice in different colors can feel like a whole new project. :) Nice! The pink roses are gorgeous, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the design Julia. I was wondering if I cut the strips smaller if I could make a mini trip around the world??

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me, pink roses are much better than red. That was a really nice gift from them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can already tell that I'm going to love this! What a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with a previous commenter, your china collection is gorgeous! Something about china cups and saucers, I hope you use them, because every day is a special occasion you know LOL!!!!
    You little giftie project looks interesting, love the use of Japanese fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beauty all around you, Julia -- the lovely fabrics in your little TATW, the wonderful china, and the breathtaking roses. How wonderful to have them all at your fingertips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I see in your photo of the pink roses, a crinoline lady sandwich plate and plate with holder.
    I do like this pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥