Wednesday, February 15

My Birthday.....that I didn't want to have..

Monday was my birthday...another year older...
I thought I'd just let this one slip by, just another day....but then DD and DS#2 took us out to lunch on Sunday, handed me an envelope with a cerificate inside a lovely card for these car plates. I had said I would call my little Zoom Zoom Scarlette...so what a beautiful amazing surprise this was.
 I LOVE Scarlette, doesn't she look cool with her name plates on....the kids never know what to buy us, I'm happy just to spend time with them on my birthday, or any day...they really could not have thought of anything more special then this...thank you so much Linda , Laurie...love you all heaps!
                                                       
...and what a day it was, early morning phone call from Brazil, another from someone else very special.
Dear embroidery friends treated me to a very special morning tea on the foreshore by our Indian Ocean...lunch with dear long time friend Jenni...E-cards from special blogging  friends...you all know who you are, Thank you all so much!....
.                                                                ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Then to top things off this lovely RAOK parcel from my dear online friend Paula of  born2quilt...arrived on the day.
Paula and I have been corresponding for some time now, we just love the same things...Paula didn't know it was my birthday...and I found out...her daughter and I share the same birth date...how's that!
An exquisite swing purse from Peru...Snap purses that Paula made, and a cute envelope purse...
Fabric from New York... how cute are they..
These two lovely patterns, that just have my name on them..love these, I will make them!....
and this T-shirt from New York
Thank you so much Paula for your kind generosity...your parcel really topped off a beautiful day...

25 kind people said..:

Marydon said...

What a beautiful birthday you had, Julia. You are reaching the best days of your life, treasure each one.
Happy birthday & Valentine's ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Jo-anne *Blossy* said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day :)

Quiltbiene said...

Hi Julia, happy Birthday to you from Sabine from Germany.

Terry said...

Happy Birthday Julia! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! :0)

Maple Lane said...

What a fun birthday celebration, Julia. Sending my love across the miles.

Leeanne said...

Special birthday wishes to you.

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Julia and what lovely gifts you have received.

Pat said...

Happy Birthday to you! I'm glad it was a good one and I love the gift from your children!!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Happy Birthday Julia! Hope your day is special, just like you!

The Quilted Finish ph 02 63310084 said...

Sounds as though you had the birthday you deserve, Julia. Love the new name plates for your Scarlette and what lovely gifts from your blogging friend.

Maree: said...

Happy Birthday...Just Love your New Number Plates they look Perfect on your Gorgeous Car..
Sounds like you had a Great Day..
Nice that you got to have some Girlie Time...
cheers
xx

Linda said...

A belated happy birthday to you, Julia! It sounds like you were treated most royally, as you should be. Love the license plate which is a perfect gift. Looks like you'll lots of fun gifties to keep you busy for a while.

Marls said...

Belated Happy Birthday. What a fantastic present form the children. Sounds like you had a great day despite not wanting to admit it was a birthday.

KRIS said...

Happy Birthday!!

Cardygirl said...

Happy Birthday dear Julia! Love sassy Scarlette!

Shirley said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Julia
Happy Birthday to you.

Glad you had a special day filled with some lovely gifts.

Love Scarlette, my Mazda is called Macy Grey.

Shari said...

I'm so glad you shared your birthday with us. What a lovely day. Just love those license plates - what a hoot!

Maria said...

Happy Birthday Julia.
What a great gift from the kids."Scarlette" is the perfect name for your Zoom Zomm.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Happy Birthday, I do believe you had a great one!!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Happy Birthday, I do believe you had a great one!!!

Sue said...

Happiest of birthdays to you Julia. I'll keep my eyes open for Scarlette when next I'm driving your way.

Sheila said...

Glad you had such a lovely birthday Julia, we won't miss you on the road, love those plates!

Tatkis said...

Happy belated Birthday! It seems you had a wonderful day, and presents are great!

hugs,
Tatyana

Elisabeth said...

Love your Scarlette and happy birthday to you Julia <3

Elisabeth

Merilyn said...

Happy Belated Birthday Julia!!!
Love those number plates, too cool!!!!!