Monday, February 6

Another Finish...

How sweet is this Calico Garden cushion...
I just loved hand-quilting this cushion...so relaxing and what a charming finish...
I used the same fabric as the basket for the border which just tied it all together beautifully...
.......and just look at that pretty pansy...I think that  pansy is really the hero of this cushion, the colours stand out, as if to say "look at me"..
With these last few nine patches and a plain square alternate patch, I think this will be a lovely doll quilt..
So from what could have ended up a UFO, I will have  a cushion and a doll quilt to enjoy, or pass on as gifts for someone...

A new week and hopefully new inspirations....♥

16 comments:

  1. Very lovely, what pattern is the pansy from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julia, your cushion turned out so beautiful <3

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Julia, your cushion is very pretty and it sits nicely with the others. You will also have a charming dolly quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice pillow and I like 9 patch dollquilts as well. Good solution for finishing it! Strange to read about your hot weather. at night it has been minus 23 degrees Celsius here in Holland! Normally it isn't that cold.
    Groetjes
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really is a very pretty little cushion. You will enjoy it for a long, long time. Lovely little finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charming use of 9 patches...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pillow! Those squares are tiny!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely cushion! I love the different flowers. And doll quilts are my favorite size - lucky doll who gets this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!! I love how your cushion turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo Julia! What a gorgeous result, your handquilting was just the perfect finish for this cute cushion! And.....you get a doll quilt out of it too, nice work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like a lot, also the set of cushions.
    Yasmin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable pillow! It always great to create a lovely thing instead having an UFO :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this cushion---just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥