Saturday, January 7

Twice as Nice, scraps...

Playing with the Twice as Nice scraps, I managed to piece together three blocks so far....
Try as I might I just could not get the pinwheels to go all the same way, but that's OK, it will still make a nice table runner..hey, they are scraps after all!
I'll just manage to get these other two blocks from the scraps, then perhaps a border should finish the runner off nicely...as the pattern is called that'll be "Twice as Nice" all from the one lot of left over scraps...♥
Janet of Quiltsalott tested some pens like these just a few posts ago...so of course I just had to try them. Spent ages online looking for a place that shipped to Australia...finally on Ebay UK I found some, ordered them and look what they sent me...wrong pens..arghhh!
I ordered the fine point...even the invoice had fine point on it, but apparently someone there picked up the wrong packet of Broad felt tips..and shipped it. I must add though in their defence, the shipping was just 6 days...and that after a couple of emails they kindly offered to send out the right size pens..

Off to start a busy day...Hope yours is a good one...♥

Saying from my diary..Life is like a taxi, the meter just keeps ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still........how true...

6 comments:

  1. You have cute scraps Julia! Sorry you didn't get the right pens - you'll love them when you get them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't find the pinwheels distracting for not all going the same way...nice job on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even notice that the pinwheels were going their own way LOL!!!, once it's on the table with a vase or beautiful dish on it no-one is going to be any the wiser! Doesn't it feel great to use up scraps and get something lovely out of them?, hope your fine pens get to you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed, direction of pinwheels doesnt matter! It will be a great table runner, love the fact you get two for your time, bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your saying about the taxi meter. One of my favorite sayings about life is: Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very eye-catching design for a table runner, Julia.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥