Wednesday, January 25

Calico Garden...preparing the plot.

It's too hot to garden outside...we're having a heatwave!
...so I have set up my garden plot inside.
I thought if I set up the blocks already made, back up on a design wall, I would see them as I walk into the sewing room and inspire me to get back to my Calico Garden quilt..
It's such a pretty quilt...loved it when I first saw it..now I'd really like to work on it again and have it ready to hand-quilt during the winter months..
I bought these gorgeous Moda Old Fashioned Calicoes a couple of weeks ago...small prints, lovely little flowers to fussy cut. ..perfect for this quilt.

Boy's it's hot outside...stay cool or warm where ever you are....♥

18 kind people said..:

Kate said...

Humid here and the rain has stopped for a while - more to come I think...

Maple Lane said...

Lovely, sweet prints, Julia. A good time to stay indoors and out of the heat. Have a nice day.

Elyte said...

I have always liked this project. Appliqué and 9 patches - a lovely combination.

Narelle said...

The lovliest indoor garden I've seen.
This heatwave seems to bounce from one state to the next ... stay cool and relax in your 'garden' :)
Would you believe my word verification is 'sorcha' ... just missing a 'c' after the 's'.
Well the first one did, now for my third try it's 'adding' up :)

Shirley said...

Such a lovely project Julia and it will be so pretty.

Shari said...

Great idea Julia! Take care and be wise in this heat!

Janet said...

It's going to be a beautiful quilt and with lovely fabrics too. Stay cool and ban housework in that terrible heat.

Sharon said...

Beautiful way to garden on a hot day! Love this quilt!

Marydon said...

Another spectacular quilt enroute. The colors & fabrics are beautiful Julia.

Have a great day~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Mary said...

This will be a beautiful quilt. I love the fabrics.

sunny said...

Another beautiful quilt by Julia! I'm glad you have someting so pretty to work on.

Mary said...

I see why you like that pattern - it's darling! I can't wait to see the top completed.

Vivian said...

The calico garden quilts are lovely in their simplicity, and yours will be one of the loveliest. Your workmanship and fabric selection are always first rate. Such a comfortable way to enjoy gardening :)

liz said...

I have always loved this quilt. I hope you get inspired and stick with it till the end. Nice range of fabric.

Christine said...

Love your fabric choices, Happy Australia Day to you and your family

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Beautiful prints and if I did not miss it Happty Australia Day.

Lurline said...

Yes, yes - those fabrics are just gorgeous!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Rose said...

It is going to be beautiful!