Sunday, December 11

Yo-Yo Cushion...

It's so hot outside , great day to stay in and sew....though I did get to wash my red Zoom Zoom, and do 2 loads of washing this morning, then came inside to finish off my very 1930's yo-yo cushion..
Doesn't the red gingham frill really add to the '30's look...I'm loving this, I think I may add a bit more red in my kitchen / meals area..
Great tip...round off the corners when making cushions, makes adding frills or piping easier....♥
This is what I bought with my gift certificate that I won for my "Dinner is Served " quilt recently.
I haven't had time to check it out yet, so I really can't comment on it just yet.
Oh, and I've been shopping...a little fabric therapy is what I needed today!

Hope your having an awesome weekend...only 14 days here to Christmas, but who's counting...are you ready?
♥♥♥♥♥♥

14 comments:

  1. Cute pillow! Send some warmth this way please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cushion. The red gingham really pulls it altogether. Yes, it is too hot in Perth again already, jusy put my air-con on, figured I did well lasting until 2pm. Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute pillow top!! And yes, the red ruffle does add to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very cute, it would lovely in a kitchen if you had a seating area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pillow is just as cute as it can be! I'll be anxious to read your thoughts about the quilt ruler additions. I haven't seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pillow is wonderful. I love the 30's fabric. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking the gingham really made the pillow feel '30's - and then I read the rest of the paragraph and you'd said it! I really like it. Rounding the corners of the pillow is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yo-yo cushion turned out beautifully, very 30's!! Yes, I learned that trick a long time ago, LOL!! piping and right angles don't like each other!! I love the gingham addition, creates a really fun look!!! Hmmm! interesting little gadgets, look forward to hearing your opinion!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that cushion. I think red is perfect for most things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not ready for Christmas, I need another month but I say that every year.
    Love the ghingham on the cushion, just the right 30's feel. Interesting gadgets, I'll wait for the report to see what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your new pillow!! Darling! and a new blog look, very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cushion looks fantastic! I love love love the red gingham and thanks for the rounding off tip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the yoyo's. Great job on the pillow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥