Tuesday, December 6

This and That...

With Christmas fast approaching, my local quilt group is winding down for the year...
This morning we gathered for a lovely Christmas breakfast, lots of chatter and laughter.
The food was so yummy, there were the traditional eggs done in all sorts of ways, with bacon etc....but I had a Pancake stack with maple syrup, berries and ice cream...OK I know...straight to the hips they went...but  it's nearly Christmas!
Some of the girls exchanged cards and Dear Glyns made everyone a gorgeous tree ornament...
This is as much of the table I could get in this photo...everyone's smiling, holding up their tree ornament... the girls are used to me now with my camera...
This is the other end of the table, great bunch of girls. Some of us have been together...hmmm I think about 11-12 years sharing our life's ups and downs...
                                            Here's Desa on the left with me...love you girls...♥

On to quilty news....I started making yo- yo's just because I felt like doing something different.
I was going to make them into a doll quilt, but thought I might make them into a cushion instead,  here I've sewn them onto a tiny blue dot backing fabric..
...I'm thinking perhaps the yo-yo's in a circle, and a frill around the cushion to finish it off..

I've had a lovely day...hope your day was great too.....♥

7 comments:

  1. Brekkie sounds yummy & fun. Love yo-yos but never made them YET. Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, it is always nice to see your quilting group. You are so fortunate to have those beautiful women to stitch and share with. Speaking of beautiful, why do you keep getting younger as the rest of us are aging? Not fair! You look wonderful, continued blessings.
    Hugs,Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute pillow top! (Or it will be when it's done.) I'd love to find a quilt group like yours - they always seem to be having such a good time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful day out! Love the yo-yo's and they will make a fantastic cushion I think!
    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so fortunate to be part of such a wonderful group of quilting friends. While I know enough people to organise an event like that, they are spread far and wide around Melbourne, and some of them work, so it is impossible to get them all together on one day! I've also been making yo-yos - I've added them to one of those 'supermarket green bags' to pretty it up, and it has had a few compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your breakfast together looks like it was a lot of fun!!! It's nice to try something different!! Look forward to seeing what you do with your cute little yo-yo's!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so good to know you have such a great group of loyal, long-term friends. You are blessed. It was also great to see a photo of YOU! Thanks for satisfying my imagination about that. You look as beautiful as I pictured.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥