Thursday, December 29

New Quilt...New fabrics..EDIT.

Just for fun...
...With fabric from my stash...I thought, I'd have a play with this design off You Tube...don't you just love You Tube, so much to look at, get inspired by and try. Not sure if I should set the blocks on point, which will mean I'll have to do setting tri's as well or...
...on the straight....looks a lot nicer in person. Multi coloured dots on black, and  a mottly grey with black dots and that feedsack fabric I bought on sale recently....This is Called "Twice as Nice"  on You Tube..

Edit...doesn't this block look nice.. from the leftovers of the above blocks...Love Pinwheels...I think I like this block better..Next quilt!......♥
Mail today was this lovely parcel of fabrics I bought off Green Fairy Quilts, great buys and a complimentary pen.
Moda French General and Old fashioned Calicoes...yep repros again...can't help it!

Summer's here..a scorching 39+ Celsius today....♥

13 comments:

  1. Looks fun! Dam, I have to spend time in the computer room!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought to have a good look at You Tube, other than the bits I come across on peoples blogs.
    New fabric.....mmmmmm yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute project and great fabric. I remember Perth heat...stay cool dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you tube, you can learn about almost anything. The blocks look great and I love the leftovers. Those fabrics look a treat, love French General but own hardly anything of theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have seen lots of great ideas on Utube, especially machine quilting instructions. Nice combination of fabrics, not sure which one I prefer, maybe on the straight? Lovely fabrics to keep you busy in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks is graeat!! And those fabrics, mmm..........

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! I like the blocks straight set, and the almost pinwheel.

    Good to see you treating yourself to some nice fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wunderfull look! Nice fabiks.
    Greetings, Marita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice block! I've been ordering from Green Fairy, too. I want to do this year's Year of Schnibbles and need to stock in some charm squares. GFQ has been a great place to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to check a Celsius--> Fahrenheit conversion chart. That's 102 degrees F. Yikes! You definitely have summer. We're having a mild winter so far, so no complaining here.

    Sweet blocks. I agree. The leftovers make a cute little block too. I've seen blocks similar to yours in two or three books in the last week, each from a different designer, each with a different name. I may have to make a few.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing better than fabric in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely blocks - they look so effective. Will have to check out You Tube more often!
    Stay in the cool and have a Happy New Year!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another wonderful project Julia! All the very best to you for the New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥