Tuesday, November 8

Warm Wishes...quick and easy..

I thought I would do something quick and easy while I also work on my Calico Garden quilt...something I could get lost with in my sewing room...and not  think too much about, just two blocks that end up with this lovely 3D effect....
I'm using fabric from my stash..fabric I've had for a while that I don't think I would use for myself these days...amazing how our tastes in fabric and design change over time. I think this will be a lovely donation quilt for someone in need of comforting..
Dear blogging friend Paula of  Born2quilt sent me the link...she has just finished one for her friend.... pop on over and have a look... just beautiful!

Warm Wishes was first introduced in 2000 as the quilt for Project Linus Make-a-Blanket Day. Numerous Warm Wishes quilts have been distributed to children in need of comfort. Strip piecing helps the quilt go together in no time....it's great to piece together, so quick and easy.
 I can see myself making more of these, a great way to use up stash that may have been hanging around for far too long...make room for some new stash..!

Have a lovely quilty day.....♥.

Hugs Julia

5 comments:

  1. I love this pattern - so easy for an amateur like me! Thanks for supplying the link,Julia - I've downloaded and printed off a copy for my file. I'll definitely use this one to make another 'charity' quilt cover for Oz Comfort Quilts. As you said, it is perfect for using up stash on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way the blocks combine. Thanks for sharing this one Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how such a simple plan looks so complicated! You've inspired me to dig through my stash and make one for someone who really needs it. Your quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link to the pattern. It's downloaded and ready to go. I always have a use for a simple or quick pattern like this, which combines fabrics so uniquely. (We know how to trick non-quilters into thinking we spend more time than we do.) I agree--using up stash is a great way to make room--for new stash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought id stop by and post a comment since im checking out some new blogs. So greetings from the Amish settlement of Lebanon ,Pa. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥