Sunday, November 6

Finished...isn't she lovely!

All finished...I'm so happy with how it's turned out...
I had a bit of trouble deciding where to take a photo of the quilt ....but what a contrast it makes in front of my DJ quilt...at least  this one did not take 3 years to make.
On our bed...I think I may need to make pillow shams now to match....will think about that.
The centre medallion piece is really the hero of the quilt, could not have had a better centre piece than this...
The blue binding was the nicest finishing touch...That's it, I'm sure you must be tired of seeing this  quilt...thank you everyone for the lovely comments on my quilt....now what..!....
.♥♥♥♥♥♥.
I think I'd like to get back to working on my Calico Garden quilt..
I started this last year...put it aside for other things, you know how it is, but I think I'm all enthused about it again and ready to do a bit more applique...these little blocks are only 3 ". I think this quilt will be in  pretty and soft repros...

It was my grand daughter 23rd birthday yesterday....23 already, how did that happen...we off to celebrate with the family.
Have a lovely Sunday.....♥

32 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Julia! You have every right to be proud of it. Your little flower quilt is going to be awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!! I could never get tired of looking at this wonderful quilt. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful work of art Julia!! Have you ever thought of putting it into a Quilt Show?
    Afterall, it is handqilted throughout, put together ingeniously, looks sensational!!!! Worth some thought!!!! Indeed be very proud!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! And you picked the perfect place to photograph it. Looks fabulous next to the DJ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous finish and I never get tired of seeing your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Julia! It's just beautiful! And it looks wonderful on your bed! I think shams would be great to go with it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty finish, I bet you are so pleased. Your Calico garden looks like it will be another lovely quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always very very beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beauty!! Just love it!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing as always Julia. Absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new quilt.Your colours are always amazing Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julia well done it is beautiful..
    Happy birthday to your grand daughter

    ReplyDelete
  13. She truly is lovely, such a calming array of colours.
    I have admired the Calico Garden quilt. It combines two of my favourites - 9 patch and applique.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How could we tire of seeing that gawjus quilt Julia ... it really is a treat for the eyes :o).
    So good to see it all finished after watching it grow.
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a superb quilt (& a superb effort) I really love the quilt. Is it from a particular pattern. I'd like to attempt to make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so pleased that you have this one finished........it is beautiful...........I like the pic on the lounge in front of DJ

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing quilt Julia. I love the blue binding, it sets it off very well. You should be so proud! Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. absolutely beautiful, I love the way you put the medallion in the middle. You finished it very quicly also. You do beautiful work, absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That turned out absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is absolutely wonderful and I have enjoyed seeing your progress with this quilt from start to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! I really enjoying watching along as you made this. The center is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is stunning and looks amazing by your DJ quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning! I agree-the central medallion just puts this quilt in a whole other place!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Julia, the quilt is fabulous!! I know you will treasure this one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Computer stuff caused me to miss this post Julia! It is just so pretty - what an amazing finish! It looks so pretty on your bed. You are so talented to make up the center medallion to bring this quilt to a masterpiece! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥