Tuesday, November 1

Drunkards Path...almost finished..

Do you love to hand-quilt...Caron Mosey is celebrating hand-quilting, who doesn't love a hand quilted quilt!
So comforting and homely, hours upon hours spent hand quilting with love for someone special or a snuggle comfort quilt for yourself......pop on over and check out all the links to beautiful hand-quilted quilts on show ....♥

It's been a lot of work...but I'm on the home run now...just hand-quilting the areas where the sections have been joined together..
I have really enjoyed piecing this by hand...just to get lost in the process and not think about a thing has been a great way to relax, and forget about everything going on in this busy busy everyday life ..
Round and round I went, hand-quilting the circles, revisiting each piece of fabric and thinking I should get more of this one or that one...some I just love, and some not so much, but I'm glad they found a home here, making up this a truly scrappy quilt, where I have used up lots of small pieces that would have likely been otherwise moved  to the bin...
It went together like a dream, the Quilt-as-you-go.. (tutorial link under my header ) was a great way for this quilt, made it much more manageable to handle quilting all those circles....everything just met up and matched perfectly...no particular plan, just worked out and around from the centre medallion piece...
It's quite big, measuring 62" x 62"...all that's left to do now is the binding. I had thought of a scrappy binding, but now seeing it to this stage...I'm thinking it's scrappy enough, a plain one colour binding will be the best way to go and pull it all together.....

Have a great quilty day...♥

28 comments:

  1. Julia it looks really fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just beautiful, Julia----outstanding. And to think you hand pieced and hand quilted the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, it's such a pretty quilt! I love the scrappy look, don't you? Thanks for the plug on my hand quilting post. I hope we can get a lot of quilters to add themselves to the hand quilting list...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful quilt Julia! And I agree...a plain binding will finish it off perfectly. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful quilt! I love the scrappiness. fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!!! I'm with you on the one binding, it will frame it all beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is simply beautiful! What more can I say!
    Well done and congrats ... you deserve it with this quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! it's so beautiful Julia! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't expect it to be anything other than beautiful Julia. Well done to you and I am sure it is another winner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. dear julia,what a beautiy,i do love scrap quilts very much ,too,and handquilting is my favourite work, have a nice day,susi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! One of the pleasures of hand quilting is visitng and handling the fabrics all over again. I was wondering if you quilt with a hoop?
    Just thinking how quilt as you go would be managed that way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how it turned out! The solid binding sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for a lovely post about hand quilting. Too often, many of us quilters (me, for sure) get sucked into the rush, rush of accomplishing a lot to having many things to show, instead of focusing on the process. I love to hand quilt but have given it up in favor of machine quilting. Yes, I machine quilt for the speed of getting it done. Seems like you hand quilt very quickly though, and that's a skill too! Good for you to have made this quilt YOU, from the scraps to the quilting. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, do I love that quilt? Yes I do!
    Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful quilt!!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's as stupendous and beautiful as we knew it would be, Julia. It's definitely an heirloom and a one of a kind beauty. A single fabric binding makes sense.
    Pat yourself on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning quilt!! I could look at it for hours!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful quilt, you have such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow that is absolutely striking - a stunning quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much Julia! Let's see if I can leave a comment.
    I love the scrappy look of this quilt. The centre block is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is beautiful and I really must try your tutorial one day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful piece of work!!!! Something really special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia, I loved your blog and your quilts. Long ago I wanted to do cross stitch DJane and could not get the pattern. Thanks to you I got to the page where I can buy this pattern. Now I am happy because I bought it and I have only to wait for my house.
    A big hug.
    Yasmin
    patchworkmipasion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. A beautiful (almost) finish Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi! Greetings from Finland! THat quilt is so stunning! I love it! Thank you so much for your lovely blog! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥