Wednesday, November 23

Bottle Top Decorations...

With Christmas fast approaching I thought I might post these again..
A patchwork friend was asking me about them just yesterday....

I have posted these before but, I thought some of you may not have seen them ...they are so easy to do and with a little help, great project for kids to do...
Christmas is not too far away, and a great time now to start making presents and decorations..

Bottle Top Christmas Decorations.....Requirements:
Plastic milk or juice bottle tops with O-ring seal (washed and dried)
Small pieces of plain fabric (3 ½ inches square) or 14 count Aida cloth for cross-stitch
 Or Fussy cut Christmas fabric
Threads, ribbons, beads, charms any bits and pieces to embellish the decorations
Thin card to back decoration
Braid to go around the outside of decoration
Narrow ribbon to hang decoration
Clear quick drying craft glue.
General hand sewing requirements
A little time and imagination.



Embroider or cross-stitch your design onto the centre of your fabric piece. (Keep the design small so it will fit on the bottle top)
Embellish the design with tiny seed beads, metallic threads, ribbon bows, glitter fabric paint or anything you like.
Place the embroidered design over the bottle top, then place the O ring seal over the top.
Push the seal down as far as it will go to hold the embroidered fabric in place.
Smooth out any wrinkles.
Trim away the excess fabric.
Cut a cover for the back out of the card by tracing around the top and glue to the back.
Starting at the top, glue braid around the outside of the top to cover the plastic ring.
At the top where the braid joins, glue a piece of narrow ribbon long enough to hang the decoration.


Add a little bow to cover the braid and ribbon ends.
Let the glue dry overnight
The decoration is now ready to hang on the tree.
Looks great on door knobs as a decorator piece....
Have fun.....enjoy!

17 comments:

  1. I recognize that angel ... great tips ... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever little project. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable Julia, thanks for sharing them again as I missed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I need to make a great fun. Where did you buy the frame? I would love it in my house. Love the pop of color! Thanks!for nice sharing.....

    Christmas Scavenger Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous little decorations!!! Very creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute! Might have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely little idea. I haven't seen these before, thanks for sharing the idea again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute and fun project! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! Thank you for sharing.
    Greetings, Marita

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great idea. I got to your blog courtesy Needlework News, I must try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute idea, Julia. At the right age, a young person would enjoy stitching up some of these. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How clever! I may have to try that as soon as I finish the bottle of juice sitting in my fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for this great idea, I am completely hooked, although our O-rings don't come off in one piece but I figured out another way to get round it.

    Feel free to check out my ornaments
    http://rubymurraysmusings.blogspot.com/2011/12/teeny-tiny-cross-stitch-hoops-made-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. So we take off the bottle cap? Just using ring and a backing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cj....you cover the cap first with the embroidery and then push on the ring to hold it down. The backing is to cover the back of cap.

      Delete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥