Friday, August 12

Phew...Finished!!..another Funky scarf!

Boy, that was a lot of quilting...I only did a big meandering design, but it took a lot of work...a whole 2 1/2 metres long..


It does look lovely though....I gave it to DS #2 on Wednesday evening, when he came over for dinner to celebrate his birthday....he turned 47...my baby's 47 !


No matter how old they get...you don't stop worrying about them do you....and the baby will always still be your baby!....shhh, don't tell him I said that....♥


Then after dinner, with the dishes cleaned up, I started on another Funky scarf...this one's for my DD who loves ORANGE...remember the Pies and Turnovers ORANGE quilt that was for her. I must add, orange does suit her and she looks lovely with some orange accessories...it only took me 2 hours that evening to do this much, I then finished it off the next morning.....


Well, another week nearly over already....until next time Happy stitching..


13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a great table quilt finish!!!! It looks wonderful, I bet he was happy with it!!! Love those funky scarves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish on the quilt, Looks great. Is there a pattern name for the scarf you are knitting. Looks like a conversation maker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt-------I have to make one of those scarves, what is the yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recall my mother saying that to me, her oldest, that because I was her child, no matter what age I was, she would always worry about me. I wish she was around to know I am doing the same with my 34 year-old and 30 year-old. Such a "mom" thing to make that table cloth for your son, and orange scarf for your daughter. You're a wonderful mum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it looks great! I had to enlarge the picture so I could see all the fabrics!! They will always be our babies!
    Love the funky scarf too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the multi binding on the quilt. Did your son love it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That was quick Julia - love your scarves - you should wear one!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great table quilt Julia. Your daughter will love the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Done on finishing your Lovely Quilt & I Do Love that Scarf in that Colour...Gorgeous!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia, your funky scarves are beautiful. The orange one has knitted up beautifully. Thought I would let you know that Woollylatte's in Wembley will be carrying the Funky and Fancy yarn from early next week. Just in case you need some more yarn or know of anyone who wants any.
    Love reading your blog and checking out your son's (baby's) recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilt is lovely. No, we don't ever stop worrying about our kids! The scarf is gorgeous and you are making great progress. I saw someone knitting one at the craft fair on Sunday on one of the stalls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh it looks fabulous Julia! I am sure your son loved it!!! and your baby is 47, hope he had a wonderful birthday! And wow,I am loving the gorgeous scarves, they look so cute - any chance of a close up photo - the design and yarn is fascinating me!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Hugs
    Jen xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done on both gorgeous finishes!
    I've just found this wool and am about to have a go at knitting a scarf.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥