Friday, August 19

Bowties...borders or binding!!

Tossing up whether to add these borders or just binding...

Sorry this is sideways...blogger does this at times...
I'm leaning more to just the binding...these are little 3 inch blocks, so this little mini measures just 9 x 12 inches....very cute, I really would not have been able to work on a big quilt with this Cheddar, as lovely as it is, but it's too bright for me!.... 

Just an update note on my Drunkards Path, Q-A-Y-G project...it's coming along beautifully...slow, but I'm loving it...just three more sections to hand-quilt..!
Have a lovely weekend...

                                                               

15 comments:

  1. Hmm...I like the border, but I think I like it even better with just the binding. Can't wait to see what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fabric as binding..l think the border would be nice too - but maybe a bit busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for the binding...love the cheddar in your little blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the border fabric...either as a border or binding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks super cute...I prefer just binding. Lovely whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a little cutie - binding only. Can't wait to see Drunkard's Path!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see binding only - let's the bowties stand on there own...Great print assortment.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That border print is amazing. Love it with the cheddar. I'm voting for the border!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bow ties look great with the cheddar, but I agree it can be a little bright! but in a little quilt it looks sensational!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your border choice to quiet down the cheddar. Toss up for me--I couldn't easily vote for just one. Both are great ways to finish this little beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the border, it balances out the color. Can't wait to see what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute quilt! I like just the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw Cheddar used on a bow tie block on somebody's blog recently, and wondered what it was. Is it called Cheddar because the yellow looks like Cheddar cheese, do you think? I am playing with bow ties too, using my men's neckties collection, and for the background I'm using curtain swatches that I found in an opshop. Crazy combination, but it works!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥