Monday, July 4

What to do??....

Decisions, decisions... Can't decide whether to make the DP's length 3 blocks long top and bottom or...


Four blocks long top and bottom...I'm doing this as a Q-A-Y-G, so to go on with the hand-quilting, I have to make up my mind now!
The medallion measure 24" sq...and each of the DP's measure 8"...so it's either make each next section 24"sq as well or go longer to 24" x 32"....


I really don't want too big a quilt, but will it be balanced enough with the shorter DP's length...or should I go for the longer length..!!


I guess I don't need to go the 4 blocks wide, three blocks each side would make it a nice size lap quilt...I don't really like a sq quilt, so I guess in a way, I have answered my own question..arh!


Confused...I am!!....


13 comments:

  1. Hi Julie
    Three rows look in proportion to your centre block, four rows look too heavy. Just my five penneth worth.
    Cheers
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Linda - 3 rows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say three blocks too...it's looking great...can I ask what fabric line you are using, I love those muted colours?????

    Best Wishes
    Kay in Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, 3 rows at the bottom. :o) I absolutely LOVE your medallion, and have bookmarked the link to the pattern, so I can get it and make my own! It is just beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must agree with the other girls but you made your own decision in the end. A very lovely piece of work Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all good. Just be sure the medallion is the main thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia, I love this sooooo much. No matter which direction you take it. The medallion really sets it off. I appreciate the way you share your design decisions as you go thru your creative process. It's neat to read what everyone thinks and how you come to your conclusions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does it have to be in the center? I kinda like the 4 and 1 look!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think it will be beautiful whatever you decide. The centre block is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so funny glad you worked it out. I know it wil be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Julia, it's gorgeous no matter what layout you decide on. Looks like it will be a cozy lap quilt that anyone would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think 3 rows. Your quilt is just gorgeous what great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥