Saturday, July 23

A Finish.. &.. My Doll Quilts...

Saturday here already!!... My, how time flies when your having fun...quilting that is!
I have been a busy girl quilting my CW blocks quilt...
I decided to stop at these blocks and get it finished. I would have loved to hand-quilt it, but there's just so many hours in a day, so I cross quilted through the dark brown of the Alabama setting blocks and free motion meander quilted the rest.....I love it!

It's been a fun project to do and I would like to thank Barbara Brackman for taking the time to write about the history of each block and the Civil War...I have looked forward to each block as it came online every Sunday here down under...it's been a lovely journey and I have my beautiful quilt to look back on it...Thank you Barbara ..

I would also like to thank Joanne of Thread head for the inspiration to use her idea of the Alabama setting blocks...which I think really made this quilt as beautiful as it is...Thank you Joanna....
BTW...the quilt measure 68" x 53"....a generous lap size, and I had that lovely CW backing fabric in my stash which was just perfect for this quilt...♥

My little Doll Quilt collection.....so far!
Apple cores, Drunkards Path, Logcabin, Cake Stands, Tiny Thimbles, pinwheels..and Bowties in the making...

I'm off to enjoy the weekend...hope you have a lovely weekend too!....


26 comments:

  1. Wow! You made fast work of the Civil War quilt! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Civil War quilt is just fascinating.

    I love each and every doll quilt also.

    Your work is truly amazing.

    Love you, Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you set your CW quilt. Very nice! Doll quilts are all cute. I'm working on my first tiny quilt tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Julia! Love the setting blocks too. I love how you get stuff done...

    Adorable doll quilts... so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous Post, Julia and love your dolly quilts!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely finish of the CW quilt Julia!!! This gives me some idea of what this quilt will look like, although I will be using a sashing to separate the blocks. Your doll quilts are beautiful too, well done!! You have been extra industrious lately!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the CW blocks combined with the Alabama blocks. They work together beautifully, well done.
    You have a lovely collection of little quilts, all different but very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your CW Quilt & the fact that you shorten it to suit...you are getting a nice collection of Dollies too...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Julia, what a feast for the eyes this morning. CW is fantastic and well done for finishing it. I just love the collection of little doll quilts. Can you guess which one is my favourite?

    ReplyDelete
  10. dear julia,what a beautiful finish,and so lovely doll quilts, congratulations,susi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are all lovely quilts. You are doing a marvellous job on the CW quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the CW quilt and the setting is fab!
    Cute doll quilts, you have been busy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your finish - it looks great!! I love the way the setting really shows off the blocks. Your doll quilts are very cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the civil war quilt and the setting too. And what a great collection of doll quilts. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are such a confident, inventive quilter, Julia. Deciding that you had made enough CW blocks would not be a decision everyone could make. And combining them with the alternating blocks from Joanna's lovely online project was a wonderful plan.
    The backing looks like one of the "coverlet" repro fabrics. It's a perfect choice.
    Your collection of little dolly quilts is growing beautifully.
    It's always a pleasure to see what you're working on-- and my goodness, lady, when do you sleep?!? You get so much done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your CW quilt is stunning, and I love your doll quilt collection.♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your doll quilts! I think I need to start making some smaller quilts like that! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on finishing the CW quilt, fantastic job! I'm loving the collection of doll quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely collection of doll quilts!

    Best wishes,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your Civil War Quilt! I made a quilt with your backing fabric, I just love it.
    And what a fun collection of doll quilts. Boy have you been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Civil War finish and your doll quilt collection is growing. I've made quite a few, but have given them all away. I'll have to make some for me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great finished..both large and small.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just adore all of your little quilts...a wonderful collection you have made! And your CW quilt is wonderful! Doesn't it feel good to have it done? I'm still working on mine...not as far behind as I was, but not completely caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh it turned out fabulously Julia!! and I love all your dolls quilts, they are just so beautiful!!!
    Hope you are well, hugs to you!
    Jen xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. So many wonderful quilts .... love seeing all of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥