Thursday, June 2

It's a Scarf....& something new!

I've run out of that pretty wool, so my crochet is going to be a scarf...which is just fine with me.
I really don't want to buy another skein...and in all honesty, I think I would use a scarf more than I would a shawl....just not me!
I'll be able to pop this under a nice jacket / top to keep the wind off my neck...♥

I forgot to share this purchase with you from the last big craft show in May....I have not had a really good play with it yet.... so I can't give a review on it...

I was intrigued by a quilt the Thimble Lady Liuxin Newman, had up on her stall's wall...I watched her do a little magic square, but as always, she makes it look so easy, I knew by the time I got home I would have forgotten how she did it....

Here's a link I found with a little bit of info....you need to watch it all to see how she does it..


I have said this before, but I'm so behind on my CW blocks...may be today I'll catch up a bit...

Have a great day doing whatever you love to do.....♥

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scarf. It surely will keep you nice and warm.

    The gadget from Liuxin looks interesting. Kind of like english piecing without the papers... I've seen it before but not had a good look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scarf! I love your crochet. It always gets me in to the mood to play with yarn. The tool with the fabric video was really interesting. I hope you'll report back and share your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious - what's the purpose of the stitch regulator? (Obviously, I didn't watch the entire video)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your scarf looks so beautiful Julia! sorry, I have been having a heck of a time getting to comment on some blogger posts, but have it all fixed now by switching over to google chrome! Has me all fixed up!
    Also, I would love a copy of the blue quilt pattern!! thanks so much for offering it - that means so much to me!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Jen xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scarf Julia! I've met The Thimble Lady several times at quilts shows! Several years ago I bought a wonderful Sterling Silver thimble from her! She is quite a character and talks very quickly but she does give good ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I Love your Scarf the Colours are Gorgeous...Thanks for the video I will look out for her at the Sydney Show...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scarf is gorgeous - hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. O wow your scarf is going to be lovely. I wished I new howl to make the crochet circles as I love wearing scarfs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥