Sunday, June 19

DP centre...this is it!

In keeping with the circle theme...I decided to stay with the original pattern by Judy Newman and added the ring of tri's to the centre medallion...now perhaps just a narrow sashing to frame the centre piece.
The medallion centre piece is inspired by a quilt pattern called Museum Medallion by Judy Newman....Judy's design is based on a beautiful quilt made in the early 1800's and exhibited in a London Museum.


I must admit it really did need this extra bit...I thought without it, it just didn't look finished.
That means the quilt will end up being bigger than I would have liked, but I can see it's going to be lovely...scrappy, colourful and gorgeous!


Many thanks to a dear friend ( you know who you are )..who inspired me to go with this medallion.
Wish I had some backing fabric now, so I can get to and start the hand-quilting on this medallion.....oh dear, will just have to go shopping tomorrow!



Happy stitching...♥

18 comments:

  1. You are right (of course) Julia and it IS gorgeous! Hand quilting too? Wish it were for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful addition! So sorry you have to go shopping tomorrow. Such sacrifices we have to make for our art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous!

    You are a most talented woman. I look forward to seeing it completed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking Beautiful Julia...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Worth the time to do the extra appluie. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be sensational Julia!!! Yes the medallion really need that extra bit to it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, that is perfect, it is going to be perfect Julia! I wish I was more help in these situations but I am learning from you ;)!
    Can't wait to see it finished!
    Big hugs
    Jen xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great design decision, and your colours are perfect. Very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia, What a great idea. Seriously - impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. An excellent choice. This is just lovely. And wow, your work is so precise! It is picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the colors and fabrics that you have used for your piece better than that shown for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that it need this border. Just beautiful Julia!!

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never seen this pattern before - it is wonderful!! Did you use a pattern? Change it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The extra bit is right for the center block. This is going to be gorgeous! Love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely inspiration quilt you chose. But the direction you've gone after beginning with that center medallion is all Julia. You are an endless source of inspiration, with all the unique projects you create.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥