Sunday, June 12

A bit of this & that..

Had a lovely day yesterday.... ...after popping out to get some shopping, bought a new Doona cover..it really was time for a new one!...

Can you believe it, I bought a blue Doona cover, a dusky blue..... now it must have been that Blue & White quilt that had something to do with my choice, but I really like this one...it picks up the little bit of blue in the wallpaper frieze, makes a nice change!Some lunch...Then in the afternoon, I pieced together some of the Drunkards Path blocks...I'm seeing a lot of pink here. I think I'll have to add some more colours, but I'm loving it so far....

....and this is what I've done with the little leftover hexies. I've appliqued them onto a black with white dot background...joined it up into a circle...I think you might be able to guess now what it's going to be. All being well, I hope to have this finished today..

It's cold outside, it should warm up a little....if not, it'll be a good day for a bit more sewing inside.
Have a lovely day...♥


5 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, What a lovely shade of blue the Doona cover is. Your weather sounds just perfect for staying in and working with your colorful fabrics. We have been extremely hot and dry but finally had rain tonight after several weeks of drought. Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Drunkard's Path has me in love. It is just the sort of scrappiness i love, and circles as well! I can't tell what is going to happen with the hexagons. Guess I'll just have to watch out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on Drunkard's Path blocks today too Julia! Mine are much different than yours...you'll see soon.
    Are those hexies going to be a pillowcase? They are beautiful with the black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooohhh! Love your doona cover Julia, the damask with the stripes is just stunning! And love the drunkards path, I am working on one at the moment :)! It is perfect weather for crafting isn't it, and it looks like rain for the rest of the week..
    Stay warm!
    Hugs
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you have done with your hexies!! The drunkard path blocks are wonderful and scrappy, all this work will be well worth it when they are made into a quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥